Thursday, April 4, 2013

Critters Care--Easter Picture Days


 On Friday, March 22, at Browning Elementary, and Tuesday, March 26, at Gardens Elementary, Canine Ambassadors Chloe & Serenity had a great time posing in their Easter finest with a number of young students.  Those that signed up and made a small donation were able to sit with both pups in a festive spring setting.  I had wonderful assistance on Friday at Browning from my husband, Chris, who took the pictures while I guided the students to their positions and helped them situate Serenity in their lap. 
Ms. Steury, 3rd grade teacher at Browning
Then at Gardens, I worked as the photographer while my friend, Cathy Steffes, helped with guiding the kids to their positions and finding clever ways to focus the pups toward the camera rather than the line of students waiting for their turn.  I especially liked her trick of tossing a plastic egg in my direction so I could get a quick shot of their eyes on the lens and not the enthusiastic kids!  After their photo shoot each participant received a sticker and treat-filled egg.  All photos were then made into special holiday cards that the kids could share and display at home.  It was quite the fun-filled couple of events and look forward to the Christmas season when the pups will pose as "Chloe Clause" and "Elf Serenity"!
Tuesday's assistant, Cathy

Friday's photographer, Chris



No comments:

Post a Comment